Saturday, September 15, 2012

We're Back, We're Okay, and Have Some S'mores on a Cone.

Sorry about leaving you all for 6+ months. Its been a tough year with L's illness and I just needed some time off. I can't promise its all over, but it is a bit better for now. 


Sometimes you just have to take what you've got, smile, and make the best of it. 

We did make something fun the other day which I wanted to share with you. 

Cone S'mores!


L. loved helping with this, even though he couldn't eat one. 

Cone s'mores have all the tastiness of a regular s'more, but without all the mess. Plus you can make them in bulk over a campfire the same way they make dinner packets. 


Random ingredients: 

sugar cones
marshmallows
chocolate chips
mint chips
pecans
peanuts
candy bars
cereal
dried fruit

You don't need all those things. Just use what you have or what sounds good. I made pecan marshmallow cone s'mores myself. One of my kids used Andes candies and marshmallows. 


Fill cones.  

 Roll in tin foil. I would also recommend you spray the tin foil with an oil spray because it can get really sticky. 


Heat on the element of your choice. 


Enjoy!



No comments: