Monday, October 24, 2011

Short Term Goals Mastered


We all have things we want to do some day. L. wants to shoot the bb gun without any help. 


Cook beans in a pressure cooker (without killing anyone)
Cook beans from scratch (no cans allowed)
Make soup once a week
Eat the soup I make 

All things that would help me learn more basic kitchen skills and add more inexpensive vegetarian meals to our menu.

For the last month, without remembering my post last November, I've been working on those skills. I used the pressure cooker once. I made beans on the stove top.  I've been making soups from Twelve Months of Monastery Soups by Victor D'Avila-Latourette.    It's a great seasonal soup book for beginners and I've been honing my skills. 

So I'm unreasonably proud of myself and you all have to put up with back-patting posts like this, and reviews of cookbooks until I can get my computer back. 

Sorry about that. 


1 comment:

g@nikebrandnet.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.