Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cookbook Review: Camping & Hiking

I thought it might be fun to start a regular cookbook review on the blog. Even if I don't check out anything else or have time for reading I usually check out a cookbook to look through for ideas.

Last week it was The Trailside Cookbook by Don and Pam Philpott.

I don't usually bother with camp cookbooks. If you know how to make pancakes, stew, or foil packets you cover 60% of camping cookbooks. They can seem like introductory cooking guides...over a fire.

I was pleasantly surprised at this cookbook. Not only does it go into how to dehydrate using an oven, but it includes recipes which are a bit more complex without being too gourmet. Things my kids might eat. Things I wouldn't mind trying at home. And the snacks section was interesting. Healthy stuff I can make at home.

I'm still looking through it. I hope to offer a favorite recipe soon.

I apologize for the bad photo. I was trying to cut out the library tag for privacy's sake.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Tam, you inspired me. Yesterday after work I went to the library and checked out a couple of new cookbooks. it is so fun to check out new things. :) I look forward to hearing about some of your favorite recipes for this cookbook.
~Anna