Thursday, January 6, 2011

It has come to my attention that some people just don't like Winter...

I don't know why.

Winter is full of contrasts. Cold, bright days. Warm, toasty nights. Things usually slow down. More time for sitting around a table playing games, eating hearty meals, and curling up under a padded quilt.

I also have the month off of school, so in between catching up on a long to-do list I READ. In fact, I decided this month is Fairy Tale month.

13 Tales
Phantastes
The Princess and the Goblin
Grimm's Fairy Tales
Leprecaun Stories

Nothing too long or difficult. Just a little fantasy to go along with leftover Christmas cookies, hot tea, and a feather comforter.

What do you do in January? Do you have any January traditions?

1 comment:

Ann Stone said...

I detox off of chocolate (haven't started, yet), make soup (usually brothy types), draw, exercise, take lengthy soaks in the tub. I've been thinking a lot about this topic, lately. I'm a Winter-phile convert. Used to hate Winter, but now I hate to see it go. Enjoying browsing your blog, by the way.