Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Never Plant Asparagus in your Sandals



Finally got around to planting the asparagus tonight. 

I did the easy stuff; laying, filling compost and covering. Dean did the trenches (and moved a hosta for me). L. helped by trading shovels with anyone when it looked like they were successfully at work.


Jersey Giant, Martha Washington, Purple

 30 roots.

I also planted a Hollyhock my mother sent up with me Sunday night. 

I gave her a perennial for Mother's day too. 

Tomatoes, squash, cucumber, corn, and basil are hardening off on the deck. Our 85% frost date is this week. More on that soon. 

1 comment:

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as an interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog Interviewer.

We'd like to give you the opportunity to give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here Submit your interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas