Saturday, April 3, 2010

Watching it all from the Windows

Lots going on. Lots of beautiful weather. Not a lot of gardening happening just now.

I'm spending more time watching it from the window then being in it.

Birthdays, in-laws, sickness, doctor's appointments, homework, long-term projects, moving furniture, Spring break, new medications, keeping things on-track around the house.

I should have more done then I have done. Know how that feels?
I woke up this morning wishing I had nothing to do.

So I could do 'fun' things like gardening, fiction reading, and baking.

So today we invited some friends over (oh! that means I have to clean the house!) and once I stop hyperventilating about everything I'm not getting done I'll unwind a little.

Soon I'll post about:

*my new heating mat for seed-starting
*the broccoli and lettuce sprouting
*the tomatoes and peppers I need to get seeded this week (gulp)
*the electrical rerouting I have to do to get this many things plugged in
*maple syrup review
*chocolate cakelets with ganache review
*my new garage sale search list, including krumkake iron, aebleskiver iron, and cake molds

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I have two aeblskiver pans! I should probably part with one of them, but I just don't think I can do it yet. I usually only do one pan at at time - but one of them is smaller and one is bigger. Options, you know. But of course the bigger one isn't seasoned yet.
I like the idea of a garage sale list. Mine would be a craigslist/garage sale/estate sale/antique shop/junk shop list! I can't remember seeing an aeblskiver pan at a garage sale before - though I'm sure it's possible. Have you made them before?

Good luck getting things done and back on track. Tis' the season for feeling overwhelmed about how much there is to do!