Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ten Things I Did in the 00's

1. Had 3 boys (1 grandfathered in from 1999).
2. Bought a house
3. Collected over 2000 books. Read many (but not all) of them.
4. Learned how to bake bread.
5. Got interested in gardening.
6. Began blogging.
7. Home-schooled. Taught 3 out of my 4 boys to read.
8. L. diagnosed with Lennox-Gestaut Syndrome.
9. Started him on the Ketogenic Diet.
10. Started my Master's degree in Library and Information Science.

I've had some trouble with this list. Sometimes it doesn't seem like I've done much over the last 10 years. Between Facebook and starting school again its easy to see how 'behind' I am at all the usual career and life stuff.

I guess I just need to let my work stand for itself.


3 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot of stuff! I didn't know you were studying to be a librarian (at least I don't think I did). I got my mlis in Seattle 3 years ago. I hope the job situation is better in your area than it is here.

I really like the idea of this list...I'll have to try it.

House and Land Packages Redbank Plains Qld said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tam said...

I keep hearing that the job situation is tough all over but I've seen 2 full time and 2 part time in my area (within 30m of my home) in the last year and a half.

However, that doesn't translate to work when I'm done with my degree.

Good luck on your search Aimee.