Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Busy Time


I haven't been gardening lately. I've been sitting in an unfinished basement (and a beautiful 100 year old home with a crazy floor plan) in the middle of Illinois.

Roommate reunion!

The good thing is that while I was gone it rained, and rained, and rained...thus the basement smores.

Things are going well here and we're heading out to Door County this weekend to meet up with my in-laws and their 'camping' group.

It's wet. It's wet. It's wet. But I don't mind really. We really needed this rain. That's me in the black licking my fingers.

Fingerling potatoes a friend gave me around July 4th are up. I attempted to hill them a bit yesterday. Bush beans are blooming. A few of my diminutive tomato plants have grown a few inches and are blooming. I'm thinking of digging up some of the others and transplanting them into the squash bed.

I swear I have the smallest squash plants in North America.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Sounds like a great time. Gardening can wait. Catching up with girlfriends is very important too.