Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Blogoversary

Until I sat down to write this post, I did not realize that my one year blog anniversary has passed by. At least I posted that day and I planted 20 tomatoes (8 Power's Heirloom, 2 Clear Pink Early, 2 Opalka, 2 Yellow Pear, 2 Lemon Yellow, 2 Burztyn, 2 Golden Jubilee).

Last year at this time I was comparing my feelings about our late Spring to Stockholm Syndrome. This year I'm fast forgetting the snow and enjoying the tulips poking their green leaves through the old leaves.

And we're out tapping Maple trees. Finally. Our friends have had theirs tapped for 2 weeks. First it was Pycon and sick kids. Then last week we broke our awl off in one of the trees. Today Dean got out the drill and we did our front Maple.

The metal and plastic bags are new. Dean picked them up at the health food store a few weeks ago. Last year we dug a hole, fit the metal tap ($2 at Fleet Farm), and hung a clean milk jug over the tap. It worked just fine.

These slide in and out. I'll let you know how easy (or not) the bags are to clean. As quick and easy as they are they don't give me the literary buzz of Pa Ingall's wood buckets.

Enjoy my posts from last year. I remember how much I enjoyed writing them! Good memories.

2 comments:

Daphne said...

Happy blogoversary.

lisa said...

Happy (belated) Blogaversary!!