Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A few moments waiting for picture to upload

I do have other things to talk about but I never seem to upload the pictures so I'll just do a quick chat today.

I was reminded of this website today. It's one of my favorites. It's called freerice and what you do is play a little vocabulary game and each correct answer earns 20 grams of rice for hungry people through the UN World Food Program. It works on advertising. The sponsors provide the money for food even if no one clicks on their links.

Go try it today! My best score today is 47.

I also picked this up while reading this morning. Does anyone remember Mohammed Yunus who won the Nobel Peace Prize back in 2006 for starting a special bank which made microloans to the poor? This is a similar concept, except that individual people provide the money for the loans. It's an interesting link and worth checking out.

That's it for me today. Hopefully I'll have photos of my 4 tomato comparison (I finally have tomatoes!) and the blight the squash have picked up.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi,
Come over to my blog to pick up an award.

Anonymous said...

Woops, the Kiva link didn't work.

http://kiva.org/about