Monday, June 16, 2008

June Garden Bloom Day

A day late, but the egg lady called and said we should come right over if we wanted some eggs. What could I do?
Chives hemmed in by oregano but blooming proudly. It was flat to the ground just yesterday from all the rain.
Yellow Iris the neighbors gave us when they yanked out the whole bed to remodel 4 or 5 years ago. This set bloomed last year for the first time. This year we get triplets.
Impressionist photo of Bachelor Button (or so my mother says). She sent me home with it last year and I thought it died from neglect. I was so wrong.
Even the potatoes are blooming. They are still waterlogged from the torrential rains we're having in the Midwest. I'm hoping they dry out and perk up a bit.
My old enemy, Bishop's Weed. Still I like the delicate Queen Anne's Lace look of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tam said...

Sorry Dean.

lisa said...

You had a nice Bloom Day! My post was several days late, so don't feel bad. I like that iris, don't think I've ever seen that color.

Aimee said...

Hmm, my mystery flower does sort of look like that, but I don't think we have the white-tinged leaves. Curious. I'll have to look closer to be sure.
It's certainly possible though, in a yard full of bell flower, creeping charlie, violets, and lily of the valley - they're all bent on world domination! =)